Okay I’m not one to get sick very often but when I do, it’s hell and a half. You guys can probably guess I’m feeling a little under the weather as I write this and you would be correct.. Where else would I get my inspiration?
Basically at this moment, my inspiration comes from my misery. Luckily I have a mom of a roommate who disinfects everything I look at. Blessed.
But I’m know I’m not the only one who hasn’t been feeling 100 during this time of year. With the weather getting colder, the snow getting higher, and my patience for summer plummeting, it is by far not the most wonderful time of the year.
Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy snow in some areas but in the midwest, it’s very much just a pain in the arse. It’s not even pretty. When I was in Utah in early January, the snow was actually beautiful. So what the heck Iowa, get it together.
But what exactly is the cure to both the horrible winter views and horrible winter feels? To tell you the truth, there isn’t one exact answer so I’ll give ya a list 🙂 (This might actually be better cause then you have options)
To beat the horrible winter views there really is only one option and that is to move. Get the heck out of the midwest. I know it’s easier said than done but there it is. As far as the horrible winter feels, I think I have a few more options.
- Tea has the ability to turn any cold body into a warm, calm, sea of serenity. I love tea if you can’t tell. I really enjoy my green tea not only for the health benefits but for the taste as well. You just have to find the right flavor for you! Also loading it up with honey and a bit of sugar helps too…
- Okay I know if you’re a guy reading this, you’re probably thinking hell no but I can honestly tell you, it’s the greatest feeling in the world. There’s a reason us girls do it so much, not just cause we have extra time on our hands and wanna bathe in the tub instead of shower. But because its insanely relaxing and calming as well. Set up some candles, put on Netflix or some relaxing music and enjoy! I probably take two baths a week at least, just because, not even when I’m sick.
- Naps are good at any point in your life but they’re especially great when you’re sick. Everyone always tells you to “get some rest” when you’re feeling ill because it’s truly the greatest cure. Also because half the time you wake up in the middle of the night coughing or getting the cold sweats. That was me last night… It’s not fun… Catch up on the zzz’s, you’ll thank me eventually.
Soup, soup, and more soup
- Oh good ol’ chicken noodle soup is the answer to all your problems. Okay maybe not ALL your problems. But it for sure will speed up your recovery time. Make some with love and you’ll feel better in no time ❤
- You’re body is very dehydrated when you have the flu. It also helps when you have a cough as well, it helps get rid of the mucus much easier (disgusting but true). You don’t wanna be that sniffler in class everyone tries to avoid cause the sniffles are a pretty big giveaway of a walking germ… I mean, I know I’d avoid ya.
- Alright, this one isn’t going to help cure your sickness but I encourage you to pick up a book if you are able or ask a friend to grab you one. Use the time off you have while you’re feeling miserable to get educated. When you’re not sleeping, snag a book. It doesn’t even have to be educational like I said, but reading a good book is definitely a cure for me and a relaxer. It doesn’t take any effort other than the movement of your finger turning the page or your eyes moving side to side. (Did anyone else read that like the song by Ariana? No? Sweet)
Whether these help you or not during your time of fighting whatever illness it is you have, I hope it can help someone you know is going through something as well!
Thanks for reading guys! I love writing articles I hope people can relate to! Let me know some of your guys’ remedies! I post every Tuesday/ Wednesday and Friday/Saturday! Love you all!
Peace & Blessings ❤